Monday, June 4, 2012

Texture Tuesday...A Quote and A Texture

I was too busy to take pictures this week for Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday quote-eDition, so I had to search my archives for a photo. I was looking for something simple and minimal, and came across this picture I had taken at Pt. Isabel last year. I wanted to pair it up with a quote I found over at don't rain on mondays (the quote is above the comment box). I found it to be inspirational and thought perhaps you would too : ) I added Kim Klassen's Serious Magic texture to the picture and added the quote in PicMonkey, and here is what I came up with...


After previewing, I realized the wording wasn't so clear, so here is the quote again.

To practice any art,
no matter how well or badly,
is a way to make your soul grow.
So do it.
~Kurt Vonnegut


I'm joining up with Texture Tuesday over at...
 
kimklassencafe
 
Hope to see you there!

8 comments:

  1. i love the simplicity of this. so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read most of his books many, many years ago. We still quote him here all of time with "So it goes." One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely and so peaceful. Great quote too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the wording perfectly. And it's fantastic! This looks so peaceful!! And the quote is so true :-) Photography is my art.... whether I do it well or badly! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely Cathy! Loving the shade of blue -- very pretty and quote -- great! ":)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photo, Cathy, so soft and I love the blue tones !
    Great quote too !
    Nice evening,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an impressionist abstract style that I love :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks so peaceful and the quote is so true , perfect

    ReplyDelete